Puzzle #2

The truth is, since the attack was successful, nothing was really wrong with it.

HOWEVER, this is NOT something that I would have done.

Sending in Imps to attack is a high-risk/high-reward situation. Creeping past clueless defenders and making off with 1200 gold may have been a good move today, but the odds are stacked against you.

Here's what is wrong:

  • This was jacki's first attack against me for that day. Jacki may have used Evil Eye on me, but I can't tell.
  • Even if the Evil Eye was successful, jacki would have known that I have some defense.
  • If I had been defending with Devilers, all 4 level 15 Imps would have DIED!
Perhaps jacki is a genius:
  • jacki attacked me 4 more times in the next 3 days with the same group of Devilers and Imps, but did NOT lose any Imps
  • At the time, I was ONLY defending with Dark Riders
  • By studying Target Priorities, jacki would have lost Imps ONLY if he ran into defending Devilers.
Perhaps it was a calculated risk, but this is NOT a risk I would have taken. When the Defense Report shows "Your enemy crept past your clueless defenders and made off with 1200 gold" that is a definite sign that there are some defenders.

Lessons Learned:
  • Don't send Imps to attack unless your are absolutely positive that your target has ZERO defense
  • Study Target Priorities, there are times when it is a good idea to mix creature types
  • Learn to read the Defense Report or Attack Report, the message at the bottom will give you clues to your target's defenses

1 comments:

Please give us a new vote :))).

June 13, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home