Watch For Zero Defense

Somebody attacked me with level 10 Black Riders this week and killed 2 level 7 Dark Elves in one attack. He stole about 600 gold, but I can excavate that easily.

Here's the strategy part:

  • I was online when he attacked a second time with his Black Riders. Somehow, my level 7 Devilers took tons of damage, but none of them died.
  • I knew he would come back for at least 1 more attack, so I removed ALL of my creatures from defense. It's better to lose a 1k-2k in gold than to lose any more mid-level creatures.
  • So he waltzes in with some level 14 Black Riders...You are a WORM! The enemy strolled into your dungeon, encountered no resistance and strolled back out with 618 Gold.....
  • Not a bad haul for Black Riders
  • Then about 1 minute later, he comes back for his 4th attack. But this time, it's with Imps! You are a WORM! The enemy strolled into your dungeon, encountered no resistance and strolled back out with 940 Gold.....


His last attack was with 8 Imps (level 5-6). I was surprised to see such low level Imps from such a high level Keeper. I also wonder if I could have seen his 3rd attack and put enough creatures back on defense before his 4th attack. That would have been awesome!

If the defender has NO creatures on defense, the defense report will say "You are a WORM! The enemy strolled into your dungeon, encountered no resistance and strolled back out with (amount of gold)".

If the defender has creatures on defense, but you did not encounter anything, the battle report will say "Your defenses could really use some improvement, the enemy relieved you of (amount of gold)".

Keep that in mind. Maybe you will find a target with zero defenses and you can pull off one of those fantastic Imp attacks.

4 comments:

A way of having cheap defense that can run up to covering a 100% rather quickly is the Glowbugs. They are cheap and if you have the resources to make it look like you have a 100% field coverage... it helps against the Evil Eye so next time someone scans to attack you, they might think twice before farming off your resources. It also helps keep your resources low so no one will think about raiding you small amount of gold compared to the people with the 100+ gold sitting there.

January 1, 2008 at 6:54 AM  

High creature points is an excellent deterrent to prevent attacks.

Personally, except for Imps, I don't recruit anything until I can get Devilers...maybe 1 or 2 Wizards for researching. Get 12 Imps as quickly as possible without spending ANY gold on defense.

Take a look at the Walkthrough series of posts to see the "low-recruiting" strategy that I used on the German server.

January 1, 2008 at 11:35 PM  

Disagree! High creature points regulary means lower level creatures and usually a won attack even is defense was encountered. I prefer to attack users with high creature score, and it works. Keepers with lower creature point have usually one or two well trained team, which could cause some hard moments when encountered.

January 4, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

Interesting strategy. I don't attack a whole lot since it's easier to get gold with trained Imps.

I have had a few BAD encounters when trying to attack Keepers with high creature scores.

I might do some research into targeting high/low creature-score opponents. It seems like the players on the German server train their creatures more than on the English server...or maybe I'm just imagining it.

January 5, 2008 at 9:01 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.